I am not the worlds greatest chef, btu I enjoy trying things from time to time.
I am also not that, in my own small way, likes to be a DIY guy, and try doing things myself.
My friend Andre shared wit me the worlds easiest no knead bread recipe. Here is it:
Home Made No Knead Bread
- 4 cups bread flour or all purpose flour (or half white flour /and half whole wheat)
- 3/4 teaspoon yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups room temperature sparkling water. (NOT OVER 100° F or 37° C) Plain water will also do
1. Mix dry ingredients together
2. Incorporate liquid with dry ingredients, mix well until all united making a sticky dough.
3. Put inside a bowl and cover (a big pot with a lid is good). Proof overnight (8 to 12 hours).
1. After proofing for 8 to 12 hours, put dough on counter (sprinkled with flour) and fold a couple of times with scraper.
2. Line a recipient with parchement paper, put dough inside, cover.
3. Proof dough for a couple of hours for a second rise before baking.
4. Pre-heat oven at 450° F / 232° C
5. Bake for 30 minutes with another container with some water to create steam and crust the bread.
6. Let it cool for 2 hours on a cooling rack.
I tied it, but it was missing some flavor. I did not use carbonated water, but it worked out well none the less.
I then tried using 1/2 milk and 1/2 water for the liquids. The added milk sugar and milk fats added some of the need flavor enhancers.
It worked very well, and did not affect the rising of the bread in any way. I will try adding more milk, maybe oil/butter, and oatmeal some time as well.
As you can see in the image, they turned out rather well. They tasted good too!